A little information...
Mrs. Heidi Hector was born and raised in Bayonne, New Jersey. She lived there in the house her mother grew up in. She was a 'blue devil' at Saint Dominic's Academy in Jersey City, New Jersey where she attended high school. Heidi attended Bloomsburg University before transferring to Kean University where she obtained her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. She worked at River School for 7 years as the head teacher in the three-year old classroom before getting married and relocating to Glenside, Pennsylvania. Once settled in her new home, Heidi's passion to teach and work with children sent her back to school to get her certification in Early Childhood Education from Chestnut Hill College where she continues to work towards her Master's Degree.
This will be Mrs. Hector's third year teaching at Saint Joseph the Protector School. She loves the family atmosphere and sense of community that is shared at StJP. Heidi is also grateful for the opportunity to prepare the students for and be a part of the two Sacraments received in Second Grade; she believes it is an honor to be a part of the student's faith journey.
FUN FACTS about Mrs. Hector:
- She can most often be found spending her weekends with her family, especially her husband and one year old daughter, Emma.
- She loves reality television.
- She enjoys arts and crafts, especially scrap booking.
- She was a cheerleader for 12 years and loved every minute of it.
- Her favorite color is green and her favorite food is pizza, specifically from her hometown of Bayonne NJ.